Product Specialist/Sales Engineer
As a Product Specialist/Sales Engineer you will work closely with the sales organization to provide a broad spectrum of technical know-how throughout the sales cycle, both in pre sales and post sales.
In a rapidly growing and ever-changing retail market, Pricer offers technology and solutions that fundamentally change the traditional retail business towards increased e-commerce and dynamic pricing. As a global leader and partner on the stores’ digitalization journey, Pricer contributes to more efficient store management. This means freeing up time that store employees can spend on increased service and a better buying experience for shoppers.
With confidence from major retail chains around the world, Pricer has sold over 200 million electronic shelf labels to 17,000 stores in more than 50 countries.
What will you be doing?
This role suits you perfectly if you enjoy being a part of both the Pre sales and a Post sales processes.
In Pre sales you will work on RFPs, RFIs, or similar documents. You will also set up test labs or PoCs and provide technical support for trade shows, technical demos / presentations, etc.
In the Post sales role you will handle customization and configuration of Pricer’s software solution based on customers’ needs – this may include label template design as well as software configuration. You will also design/develop ad-hoc integrations which transform customer data for consumption by Pricer software and provide training and technical support to company partners and customers. Other related technical responsibilities may be included as deemed appropriate.
You will not have supervisory responsibilities, however on occasion, this position may require serving as a technical lead for on-site installations, which will require overseeing and guiding installers. This will be more applicable as you gain experience within the role.
Who are you?
You have good communication skills and no problem meeting people from different countries and cultures. You are willing to travel 25-40% of the time primarily in North & Latin America and internationally as well depending on business needs.
As an added perk, you may be fluent in Spanish or Portuguese in addition to English and have prior training or teaching experience.
What are your qualifications and requirements?
• Working knowledge of networking concepts/configurations.
• Working knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle) – fluency in SQL is not required, but understanding the basic concepts of what a SQL database is will be important
• ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) experience is a plus.
• Retail technology experience is a plus
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree (or higher) in a STEM field
• 2+ years overall work experience, 1 (or more) of which should be in a technical role (IT, software development, etc)
• Nice to have, but not required: Previous experience providing training or instruction
• Note: Bachelor degree in a non-STEM field will be considered if the candidate closely matches the other requirements and has a strong technical background which demonstrates the necessary skillset
At Pricer you get to work in a truly global and multicultural environment with driven, highly skilled and passionate colleagues. We are an agile company where there is great potential to self-development.
Pricer offers competitive benefits, which includes
• Medical / dental / vision health insurance, which is completely employer funded
• Employer-funded HRA
• Gym membership stipend
• 401k retirement account with employer contributions
Pricer develops and manufactures the world’s most reliable digital store communication system with electronic shelf labels (ESL). We help retailers around the world to solve a number of key and time-consuming in-store challenges by streamlining critical processes in the store, such as price updates, in-store picking and inventory. We are a catalyst for retail digitization. Our system provides a stable platform for reaching out with messages, product information and offers to the shoppers. By developing technical solutions and services that are easy to implement, apply and use, we help our customers blur the boundaries between different sales channels in an increasingly digitalized and connected world. For almost 30 years, our ideas, technology and employees have changed the way retailers around the world carry out their duties and communicate with their customers.